Deliveroo gives away 500 free coffees on International Coffee Day
On October 1st, the world celebrates Coffee Day, honouring one of the most beloved beverages. The UAE is home to millions of coffee lovers, where enjoying a cup of coffee is considered an experience. This year to honour this special day, Deliveroo gifts UAE's coffee enthusiasts with 500 free coffees from Costa Coffee via the Deliveroo app.
Did you know that coffee is one of the most traded commodities in the world? It can be traced all the way back to the 9th century, this is when the coffee plant was discovered in Ethiopia. Currently, 40% of the world's coffee is produced in Brazil.
Dubai Coffee Fun Facts, according to Deliveroo data:
- DIFC area orders the most coffee in Dubai
- Dubai loves flavoured coffees particularly choco mint and coconut
- Hong Kong's favorite is matcha latte
- Coffee o'clock in London is 7.45 am, whereas in Dubai it's much later at 10:46 am
- Sydney drinks the most coffee at 12.32 pm